Artificial Intelligence has been a dominating factor across every industry. It’s very clear that AI is by far the most lucrative investment of the 21st century. Many people are coming to realize that the rapid growth behind many innovative companies is the AI tech advancements in their systems and business processes. Many investors are motivated by predictions that the AI market size will be worth $390.9 billion by 2025.
Artificial intelligence has many subsets, enabled by adaptive predictive analysis and concurrent autonomous learning and decision making. AI dramatically advances our ability to make good decisions, recognize patterns, anticipate future events, create good rules, and communicate between parties. AI technologies and capabilities enable organizations to dramatically deliver new kinds of value, reshape operating models and augmenting the intelligence of the human workforce; facilitating the development of next-generation capabilities.
What is Investing in AI?
Artificial Intelligence(AI) in a nutshell, is a compilation of applications, programs and algorithms that rival human intelligence. Although still considered to be in the infancy stage, the goal for AI is to efficiently perform all tasks usually performed by adult humans.
Today, AI touches almost every aspect of our daily lives. It’s not difficult to notice the influence of AI in our homes with shopping online with chatbots that recognize our consumer behavior or smart devices like Google Home and Amazon’s Alexa. The capabilities of AI have improved drastically over the past two decades, fostering in a new era of technological advancements.
Investing in AI technologies, or learning how to invest in the right companies in the AI market is raving topic amongst many investors thanks to its rapid growth. Utilizing AI has gained popularity as an integral function of various companies and industries, showing spikes in stocks across various industries, becoming more desirable to investors.
As with any type of investment, there is always an element of risk involved. Research and development in this area is still growing exponentially, be careful about placing bets on developing technology and tools.
Companies Shaping the Future of AI Technology
There are startups in many sectors that are shaping the future of AI, but household names, like Google, Amazon, IBM, and Microsoft are already providing AI technology through their cloud platform. Below is a list of the top six companies leading in investments for AI.
1) Amazon: AWS(Amazon Web Services) offers both business and consumer-oriented AI products and services. Many of its professional AI services are built on consumer products, for example, ‘Amazon Echo’ brings artificial intelligence into the home through Alexa’s AI bot.
2) Alphabet: Google’s parent company Alphabet is deeply invested in furthering its AI capabilities, along with acquiring numerous AI startups such as ‘DeepMind’. Many of Google’s AI and machine learning services are sold to businesses via the Google Cloud Platform.
3) IBM: IBM has been at the forefront of AI innovation; most of IBM’s efforts in the recent years have around IBM Watson, including an AI-based cognitive service. IBM has acquired multiple AI startups over the years as it competes with other industry leaders like Google and Alphabet.
4) Microsoft. Microsoft has a wide scope of AI projects for consumers and businesses. For example, Cortana, is a digital voice assistant that comes installed with Windows. On its Azure Cloud Service, Microsoft sells AI services such as bot services, machine learning, and cognitive services.
5) Alibaba Cloud. Alibaba is Asia’s largest cloud computing provider. It offers business clients a sophisticated Machine Learning Platform for AI, featuring an intuitive, user-friendly visual interface.
6) Salesforce. Salesforce developed… Salesforce Einstein, their artificial intelligence service. Their latest initiative, which includes an extensive team of data scientists, uses machine learning to help employees streamline various tasks. It looks like this technology will also become more widely available in the near future.